Monday, September 22, 2014

Syn Studio - Foundations of Painting course

I've been simultaneously taking a course at Syn Studio ('Foundations of Painting' taught by Illustrator and fine artist, Charles Vinh) that just ended last night. What a great experience! Charles taught me new techniques to block in my paintings that I plan to use on future works. Here are the 3 paintings from the 10 week course (including my first painting from a live model).







                                           Live model study painted in four 3 hour sessions.



  

Study of reflective lighting and glass.





Tonal study (determining different values).

Also, this Thursday is their end of semester Vernissage party! (Among the best art parties in Montreal!) All are welcome! Details here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1466582983612253/
Check out the video below from thier most recent vernissage (June 2014)


No comments: