Monday, May 09, 2016

decorating the sides

I finished up my painting 'Confection' yesterday. It's one of the new pieces I created for the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. (I'll post the final painting tomorrow.)
I remembered I had some designer paper I picked up when I worked at an art store several years ago. I thought it would be appropriate to apply it to the sides of the painting and decorate it like an Easter egg. Here's the result.

 I unrolled the paper and sprayed it with some green and yellow spray paint.

I cut out what I thought were the most interesting sections to use for the sides of the painting.

 I gave a coat of purple to the sides so the color of the wood wouldn't peak through.

 All done! I pasted and glazed the sides with some Mod Podge glue. It came out a little darker than I expected, but I'm still happy with it.

No comments: