Monday, December 07, 2015

Planning multiple works for an exhibition

The current state of my studio desk resembles a still life. On the animation disc is a drawing I'm working on right now for a new painting to be exhibited in The Artist Project 2016 that's requiring me to brush up on my anatomy. Props include: modeling clay, a Goofy maquette, Victor Perard's Anatomy And Drawing book, a poseable 'Burne Hogarth resembling' anatomical figure and a coyote skull.

I'm creating some new work for the fair mentioned above and I'm doing something a little different this time.

Normally, I'll make a list of the new works (often with the final titles already in mind), then pick one, start developing it, complete it - then start a new one. The cycle repeats till all the works are completed.

This time, I'm going to develop ALL the drawings for the new paintings first -  then paint them one after another. I'm curious to see how it works out. It could take me longer, or it could take me sooner.

How do YOU plan multiple works for an exhibition? I would like to hear your thoughts. Let me know in the comments please.

No comments: